Winter retake session
According to order No 214 / 25.01.2021 of the Rector of TU-Sofia, the exam sessions for the bachelor’s degree (regular and retake) from the winter semester will be held remotely in an electronic environment, in accordance with the planned schedule.
|Strength of Materials||online||11:30||End: 24 h before the exam|
for conducting exams in strength of materials,
organized by the Department of Strength of Materials,
in a remotely present form in an electronic environment
- The exams are held on the Microsoft Teams platform.
- Regular exams are held in the classrooms where the training was conducted.
- Only students who have studied the respective discipline during the current academic year can take the regular exams. There is no registration for the regular exams, as all the students to be tested are already included in the respective classroom.
- Retake exams are taken after prior registration at http://smat.info/en_exams/
- Retake exams are held in a specially designed classroom. 24 hours before the start of the exam, only students who have registered in advance are added to this classroom. Students who do not register within 24 hours before the start of the exam will not be added.
- It is desirable that students check in advance their technical (hardware) ability to enter the classroom where the exam will be held.
- It is highly recommended to use emails with @tu-sofia.bg domain, pre-registered in the MS Teams platform, when registering for the exam.
- Participation in the exam is possible and permissible only in the presence of: constant internet connection, access to the MS Teams platform, a working camera and a working microphone.
- The student’s camera and microphone must be turned on throughout the test.
- Students participating in the exam prove their identity with an identity document (identity card or driver’s license), which they show on the camera of the respective conservator or lecturer conducting the exam, and can close their personal data. If a student is missed during this check or enters the platform with a delay, he is obliged to signal this by „raising his hand“.
- The examination is the form of a test for a given time, with a predefined final time for submitting the test. The test contains 15 questions: some of them are short tasks that students must solve and indicate the correct answer from certain answers, and the rest of the questions must indicate the true or false statement of certain answers. Each correct answer carries 1 or 2 points. The maximum test score is 20 points.
- To successfully solve the short tasks in the test, students must have a „Strength of materials Handbook“ and a scientific calculator.
- Solving the test begins after verifying the identity of all present. The work on the test takes place entirely in the MS Teams platform. It is not possible to submit the test after the specified time.
- The exam ends with a grade for all those present, regardless of whether they have officially passed their test by pressing the „Submit“ button. For this purpose, the students are registered in three ways: in a paper list by the teacher / conservator; by video recording of the whole exam; officially, through the software capabilities of the platform.
- The final grade is formed on the basis of the collected points, according to the following table:
- The entire exam is recorded on video, and the record is stored for a minimum of 2 years, in compliance with regulatory requirements. Upon entering the classroom during the exam, the subject agrees to be recorded.
- The results of the exam are entered into the electronic system of TU-Sofia (UISS) within 72 hours after the end of the exam. Students learn their grade through the UISS system.
- In the case of students who studied the respective discipline during the current academic year, who have certified the semester during which they studied the discipline, the grade is entered in a group protocol generated by the student office of the respective faculty.
- Students from previous years must take an exam after receiving an individual exam protocol from the respective student office. They are obliged to fill in the number of the examination report in the respective field of the test. In the absence of such a protocol, the respective students will not know about the received grade.
- Students have the right to get acquainted with the reviewed and evaluated tests. This takes place in the classroom where the exam was held. The teacher announces the date and time interval (reception time) in which to cunduct the necessary videoconferencing.
|0-7 т.||8-10 т.||11-13 т.||14-16 т.||17-20 т.|
|Fail (2)||Acceptable (3)||Good (4)||Very good (5)||Excellent (6)|